Receive Your Complimentary Video NOW!
"Windows 8 Consumer Preview First Look"
This course shows how to get started with Windows 8 Consumer Preview, including three installation options: as the primary OS, side-by-side with Windows 7, or in a virtual machine.
Author David Gassner also leads a tour of the Windows 8 user interface, using the new mouse and touch gestures; describes the life cycle and presentation of Metro style applications; and explores the Windows Store, where you can purchase apps, videos, and music.
- Exploring the new features in Windows
- Downloading the Windows 8 installer
- Creating an installer DVD or USB drive
- Installing Windows 8 side by side with Windows 7
- Installing on a virtual machine
- Starting Windows 8 for the first time
- Using the Windows 8 boot menu
- Using Metro apps
- Docking two Metro apps
- Using Windows 8 charms
- Docking and arranging apps on the Start screen
- Using Windows 8 hot keys
- Navigating the user interface with a touch screen
- Using Internet Explorer
- Getting stuff: exploring the Windows Store
- Configuring Windows 8 with Settings and the Control Panel
- Where to go from here
Along with the free video training tutorials you will also receive monthly offers, tips, and insider information you won't hear elsewhere--including special discounts extended to newsletter subscribers.
After taking advantage of the free video training, you can access all of Lynda.com's video tutorials by becoming a member of the Online Training Library®. Membership plans start at $25 per month, and require no long-term commitment.
Offered Free by: Lynda.com Inc.
Other Resources from: